FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I place an order?
Ordering a Remembrance Art glass piece with infused ashes of your loved one is simple. You can easily place your order online, or contact us if you need assistance.
- Visit our Remembrance Art Collection page to view the available designs and colors and place your order.
- Select the color and sculpted design that speaks to you or best reflects the individual.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation of your order followed by an email with additional instructions.
- If you are ordering a jewelry, we will contact you to discuss color options so you can personalize your piece.
Please be assured that the ashes of your loved one will be treated with the utmost care and respect throughout the entire process. If you have any questions, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
How do I send ashes to Water Street Glassworks?
You will receive a free customized collection kit with instructions and a sealable tin container.
- Add the proper amount (1 tablespoon per piece) of cremains per item purchased.
- Return your kit via mail or deliver in person to WSG during office hours. Cremains should be shipped to us via USPS Priority Express as per postal regulations for shipping cremains. A shipping label is included in the kit, for your convenience. Cost of shipping the kit back to us is $26.35/Flat Rate ($26.95/padded envelope) is not included in the purchase price. Priority Express envelopes are available at your post office, free of charge. Priority Express requires a signature so, be assured that your package will never be left when our office is closed.
Can one glass art piece include ashes from multiple people or pets?
Yes, you can combine ashes from people and pets into one special Remembrance Art piece. When you receive your collection kit, simply combine the ashes and ensure that you have 1 tablespoon total per art piece.
Can I watch the artist make my Remembrance Art?
We offer the opportunity to be present or participate in the process when your Remembrance Art piece is created. A private session with the artist will be scheduled. Request this option when you place your order.
When will I receive my order?
Your personal art piece will be ready for pickup within 6 weeks from the time we receive your kit, unless otherwise noted. We will contact you when your order is ready for pick-up. If you require shipping, we will provide you with options and costs.
What happens if there are remaining ashes?
If there are remaining ashes of your loved one, we offer the option to respectfully scatter them in beautiful Lake Michigan or return the ashes to you at an additional cost. If you are picking up your order, we will return the remaining ashes to you at that time. Your collection kit will include a form so we may honor your request.
Can I cancel my order?
We understand that things happen and cancellations are sometimes necessary. We are happy to refund your order up until the artist begins to work on it. Once an order is refunded, you should see the refund returned to your payment method in 3-5 business days.
What is your return policy?
We will replace your Remembrance Art piece in the rare instance it arrives broken or damaged. Each piece is individually handcrafted and there may be slight color variations from the items featured on our product pages. If you are ordering multiple pieces, there may be some slight variations between pieces. Each piece is a one-of-a-kind work of art.